Spiced Honey Roast Shoulder of Wild Boar
• 4-5 lbs/2 kg boned and rolled shoulder
• Salt and pepper
• 2 dessertspoons Worcestershire sauce
• Salted water or stock to cover
• 3oz good dripping
• Selection of raisins, cloves, juniper berries, cumin,
• 5-tablespoon honey
• Celery seed, lovage, pennyroyal and coriander
Put the meat in a pan cover with the water or stock, and bring to the boil. Simmer for one hour, and then lift out the joint and place in a roasting tin.
Spread the dripping over the joint, and then the honey. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
Make your choice of herbs and spices and strew them over the honeyed joint.
Roast in a moderate to slow oven 180c/350f/Gas 4 for one half to two hours basting frequently with the spiced honey.
If necessary moisten the joint with a little of the initial stock.